Exam tips for those preparing for Objective Tests
Prior to the exam
- Cover the whole syllabus – read the syllabus for the module to get an overview of the topics covered. Kaplan are the official publisher of CIMA study materials but there are other alternatives such as Acorn, BPP, First Intuition. Do not skip any topics as the exam covers all of the topics.Attempt the Pearson Vue mock exam – the questions asked in the mock are similar to those asked in the real exam in terms of the level of difficulty. The mock will also give you a chance to manage your time, which will be crucial in the actual exam.
- Practice answering the exam questions – there are many revision kits out there that you can buy when preparing for OTs. Kaplan and Acorn exam kits are challenging and can give you the best preparation for the exam.
Ps – YAT is not sponsored by the tuition providers mentioned above.
Here is where you can find the CIMA syllabus http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/Student%20docs/2015-syllabus/CIMA-2015-professional-qualification-syllabus.pdf
During the exam
- Answer questions in a timely manner – read the questions quickly, select your answer (even if it is a guess) and move on to the next question.
- Do not leave any question unanswered – a guess is better than a blank answer. Your guess might be correct!
- Flag any difficult or time-consuming questions for review – do not spend too long on these questions.
- Flag all questions that require calculations even if you confident of the answer. In a time pressure exam it is easy to make a mistake- you can easily use the wrong number in our calculations. After you have attempted all the questions go back to these questions and re-do the calculations.
Please feel free to leave your comments below